Reminder: No “Regular Thursday” jams on December 3rd or 17th.
If you know of 2016 dulcimer events that will need to be on this calendar start sending them to Louise or me (David), this goes not just for Athens but also other regional dulcimer events as well.
If I don’t see you at the jam this Thursday have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Oct 15-17 Archie Lee Memorial Dulcimer Festival, Fulton, Mississippi.
Who is Archie Lee you ask? If you don’t know I’m re-running the Archie Lee dulcimentary I published last year. See
Sorry to be so late this weekend getting these to you: Please add when you can:
- October 18th – Sunday, 2:00 pm in the cemetery off Hobbs Street: “Walk In the Cemetery”. Buzz Estes would like a small group to play music during the character portrayal; someplace not close to portrayers. We can have two small groups and dress in old time clothing if we want.
Let Louise know by Wed. or Thurs. if you would like to do this so she can let him know how many we will have. Bring your own chair!
- November 14th – Saturday – Athens High School football/track field. “Cystic Fibrosis Fundraiser” (Background Music)
As I understand, this is a state fundraiser held for this terrible disease that affects children. There will be a tent area provided by the County Sheriffs Department. Play from 10:00 – 12:00; let’s hope for a sunny day!! Bring chairs and your snack/drink!
- December 1st – Tuesday – Friendship Methodist Church: “Operation Santa” for the adults living in group homes. Set-up at 11:00 and begin to play at 11:30. Play until they begin to serve and guests go through the line. This will be the Owens group; there is also another scheduled event for this day. Do need a head count because they order the meals and pay by numbers; let Louise know by Nov. 15.
- December 1st – Tuesday – Asbury Methodist Church/Hughes Rd.: 12:15 – 1:00p.m.
- Dec 10 Christmas dinner/jam
keep checking for additional updates for November & December at https://athensdulcimerclub.wordpress.com/announcementsnotes/