I did a quick Internet search on the benefit of playing a musical instrument. It’s good for young and old alike. Here’s a few of the articles:
- Music ‘Tones the Brain,’ Improves Learning
- Playing Music Protects Memory, Hearing, Brain Processing
- Music Training Helps Learning & Memory
- More music lessons – to improve memory, intelligence and behavior
- 18 Benefits of Playing a Musical Instrument
- How Playing Instruments Helps Your Brain
- Can Music Education Enhance Brain Functioning and Academic Learning?