David & Karen Bennett
Karen and I planned a trip to Kentucky to visit places we knew had old mountain dulcimers. Our excursion formed a triangle consisting of the points of Renfro Valley, Berea and Hindman. So the first week of April 2016 we hopped in our trusty dulcimermobile and headed to Kentucky. During our three day trip we squeezed in the following Appalachian dulcimer related stops.
Click on each link to see some mountain dulcimer highlights from our excursion until you can go yourself:
- BitterSweet Cabin Village, Renfro Valley, KY
- Boone Tavern, Berea, KY
- Warren May Woodworking Shop, Berea, KY.
- Berea College
- L&N Depot, Berea, KY
- Museum of the Mountain Dulcimer, Hindman, KY
- Appalachian Artisan Center Wood Studio, Hindman, KY
- Hindman Settlement School, Hindman, KY