REGULAR JAM Every 1st & 3rd Thursday 6:30 p.m.
Our jams are at the Athens Recreation Center, on corner of Hwys. 31 N and AL 251 (Pryor St) by Athens High Football stadium. Any changes to the dates or times will be listed below. Click here to see what makes our jams so successful.
In addition to our regular jams here are some other opportunities to play:
- Every Monday 1-3 p.m. West Side Village Community Center, 21639 Alabama Hwy 99, Athens, AL 35611. Behind the Village Mart on highway 99 next to Owens Elementary School.
- Second Wednesday 9:45 a.m. Limestone Health Facility and the Athens Convalesent Center, 1600 W. Hobbs St., Athens, AL
- Third Friday 9:45 a.m. Ardmore On Main Care and Rehabilitation Center, 25385 Main St., Ardmore, TN 38449
- Fourth Sunday 1:45-2:45 p.m. Jake and Friends – The Madison Village
The following are ADDITIONS and DEVIATIONS from the above schedules, as well as regional old-time music festivals that have mountain dulcimer events/contests:
18 – 22 September – 8th annual Mountain View and the Ozark Mountain Dulcimer Gathering. Classes begin on Monday, however, they meet on Sunday, the 17th, at 7:00 PM for a welcoming party in the Pickin’ Shed of the Ozark RV Park. Bring your instruments and CHAIRS. If you plan to stay at the Ozark RV Park, now is the time to make your reservations. Call Andy at 870-269-2542. For more details contact Susan & Bill McFarland at email@example.comOCTOBER
6-7 October Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention, Athens AL. http://www.athens.edu/fiddlers/
- Oct 5 (Thurs) 7 pm Mark Kuykendall, Bobby Hicks & Ashville Bluegrass (main stage Founders Hall)
- Oct 6 (Fri), 4 pm & 6 pm Daily & Vincent (main stage Founders Hall)
- Oct 7 (Sat) 3:30 pm & 5 pm The Farmer & Adele (McCandless Hall)
- Oct 6-7 (Fri-Sat) All-day dulcimer shade tree pickin’ somewhere on the grounds (usually near McCandless Hall unless its raining then we find somewhere inside)
8-14 October 2017 Camping & Jamming at Joe Wheeler State Park, Rogersville, AL. Our club has the building in B section of the campground reserved for the week of October 8th, to follow the Fiddler’s Convention, for lots of dulcimer jamming fun!
27 October (Friday) “Senior Expo” at the Event Center on Pryor St. by the Vets Museum
- Set up at 9:30 and play 9:45-10:45.
- Program will be selected from Jam tunes: singers pick two upbeat tunes to share.
NOTE: Remember our regular Thurs. jam dates are usually out of kilter during the month of December so be sure to check the schedule for additions and changes.
5 December (Thursday) Friendship Church “Operation Santa” for Mental Health Clients By Lady Civitan
- Set up 10:15 Program to follow
- practice your Christmas tunes!!🦌🌲
7 December (Thursday) Alabama Rocket Welcome Center (Ardmore Welcome Center) on I-65 southbound
- 10:00- 12:30 Swanner/Sweeney group
- 12:30-3:00 Stewart/Todd group
9 December (Saturday) Heritage Assisted Living on County Line Road
- play from 10-11 a.m.
14 December (Thursday) Dulcimer Christmas Dinner JAM
- Time TBD
- Be thinking about what you’d like to do!