REGULAR JAM Every 1st & 3rd Thursday 6:30 p.m.
Our jams are at the Athens Recreation Center, on corner of Hwys. 31 N and AL 251 (Pryor St) by Athens High Football stadium. Any changes to the dates or times will be listed below. Click here to see what makes our jams so successful.
In addition to our regular jams here are some other opportunities to play:
- Every Monday 1-3 p.m. West Side Village Community Center, 21639 Alabama Hwy 99, Athens, AL 35611. Behind the Village Mart on highway 99 next to Owens Elementary School.
- Second Wednesday 9:45 a.m. Limestone Health Facility and the Athens Convalesent Center, 1600 W. Hobbs St., Athens, AL
- Third Friday 9:45 a.m. Ardmore On Main Care and Rehabilitation Center, 25385 Main St., Ardmore, TN 38449
- Fourth Sunday 1:45-2:45 p.m. Jake and Friends – The Madison Village
The following are ADDITIONS and DEVIATIONS from the above schedules, as well as regional old-time music festivals that have mountain dulcimer events/contests:
17-19 August Dulcimer Festival- JP Coleman State Park, Iuka, Mississippi 662-423-6515
30 August 1:30 pm Jakes 99th birthday at the Madison Village & Assisted Living Center (bring your chair)
31 August- 2 September Summertown Bluegrass Reunion While it’s not a dulcimer even you can always go and take your dulcimer and do some shade tree pickin’. Quite often some of our members are there camping all week so you’ll probably have company if you do take your dulcimer. http://www.summertownbluegrassreunion.com
7 – 10 September – Montgomery Dulcimer Players’ Annual Camp and Jam at Gunter Hill C.O.E. Campground, west of Montgomery. Jams will be at the pavilion in the Catoma Loop. This is strictly a B.Y.O.E. (Bring Your Own Everything) gathering: No activities, potluck, open stage, just jamming.
13-17 September – Walnut Valley Festival, Winfield, Kansas. http://wvfest.com/
18 – 22 September – 8th annual Mountain View and the Ozark Mountain Dulcimer Gathering. Classes begin on Monday, however, they meet on Sunday, the 17th, at 7:00 PM for a welcoming party in the Pickin’ Shed of the Ozark RV Park. Bring your instruments and CHAIRS. If you plan to stay at the Ozark RV Park, now is the time to make your reservations. Call Andy at 870-269-2542. For more details contact Susan & Bill McFarland at email@example.com
SUMMERTOWN BLUEGRASS REUNION (this is not a “dulcimer event, except for shade tree picking) http://www.summertownbluegrassreunion.com
6-7 October Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention, Athens AL. Dailey & Vincent will perform on Friday 4 & 6 p.m. http://www.athens.edu/fiddlers/
- Thursday, October 5 – Mark Kuykendall, Bobby Hicks & Asheville Bluegrass https://bluegrasstoday.com/down-memory-lane-mark-kuykendall-bobby-hicks-asheville-bluegrass/
- Friday, October 6 – Dailey & Vincent http://daileyandvincent.com
8-14 October 2017 Camping & Jamming at Joe Wheeler State Park, Rogersville, AL. Our club has the building in B section of the campground reserved for the week of October 8th, to follow the Fiddler’s Convention, for lots of dulcimer jamming fun!