REGULAR JAM Every 1st & 3rd Thursday 6:30 p.m.
Our jams are at the Athens Recreation Center, on corner of Hwys. 31 N and AL 251 (Pryor St) by Athens High Football stadium. Any changes to the dates or times will be listed below. Click here to see what makes our jams so successful.
In addition to our regular jams here are some other opportunities to play:
- Every Monday 1-3 p.m. West Side Village Community Center, 21639 Alabama Hwy 99, Athens, AL 35611. Behind the Village Mart on highway 99 next to Owens Elementary School.
- Second Wednesday 9:45 a.m. Limestone Health Facility and the Athens Convalesent Center, 1600 W. Hobbs St., Athens, AL
- Third Friday 9:45 a.m. Ardmore On Main Care and Rehabilitation Center, 25385 Main St., Ardmore, TN 38449
- Fourth Sunday 1:45-2:45 p.m. Jake and Friends – The Madison Village
The following are ADDITIONS and DEVIATIONS from the above schedules, as well as regional old-time music festivals that have mountain dulcimer events/contests:
February 15-17, 2018 Southern Strings Dulcimer Festival
Calvary Baptist Church, 1123 Highway 42, Petal, MS 39465
More at http://mississippidulcimer.com
April 5 – 8, 2018 “We Shall Gather at the River” Dulcimer Festival at Gunter Hill C.O.E. Campground outside of Montgomery. Gunter Hill Corp of Engineer Park 9 miles west of Montgomery, AL County Rd. 54 to Booth Rd. Catoma Loop (new loop) (Across from the Montgomery Speedway). Host group: Montgomery Dulcimer Players
For a map or additional information, Contact: Barbara & Dave Betts Heartstrings2@charter.net
4 – 6 October 2018 52nd Old Time Fiddlers Convention
NOTE: Remember our regular Thurs. jam dates are usually out of kilter during the month of December so be sure to check the schedule for additions and changes.
14 December 2017 (Thursday) Dulcimer Christmas Dinner JAM
- Bring Finger Foods to share
- 5:00 Gather and Set up
- 6:00ish Fellowship and eat
- 7:00 JAM
- Also bring: Canned food collection for LCCI: instead of supporting a charity or door prizes, bring canned food Nov. 16 or Dec. 14. (Fruit or vegetables, peanut butter, canned meats, etc).
28 December 2017- Regular jam.
29 December 2017- 1:00 pm – Traditions Senior Living off Hwy 72 (by Jacks)