REGULAR JAM Every 1st & 3rd Thursday 6:30 p.m. (get there early to visit)
Our jams are at the Athens Recreation Center, on corner of Hwys. 31 N and AL 251 (Pryor St) by Athens High Football stadium. Any changes to the dates or times will be listed below. Click here to see what makes our jams so successful.
In addition to our regular jams here are some other opportunities to play:
- Every Monday 1-3 p.m. West Side Village Community Center, 21639 Alabama Hwy 99, Athens, AL 35611. Behind the Village Mart on highway 99 next to Owens Elementary School.
- Second Wednesday 9:45 a.m. Limestone Health Facility and the Athens Convalesent Center, 1600 W. Hobbs St., Athens, AL
- Third Friday 9:45 a.m. Ardmore On Main Care and Rehabilitation Center, 25385 Main St., Ardmore, TN 38449
- Fourth Sunday 1:45-2:45 p.m. Jake and Friends – The Madison Village
The following are ADDITIONS and DEVIATIONS from the above schedules, as well as regional old-time music festivals that have mountain dulcimer events/contests:
- 5 Jul – Regular Jam
- 19 Jul – Regular Jam
- Date TBD Uncle Dave Macon Days-this is not a dulcimer event unless you do some shade tree picking http://uncledavemacondays.com
- 2 Aug – Regular Jam
- 16 Aug – Regular Jam
- 30 Aug- 1 Sep SUMMERTOWN BLUEGRASS REUNION -this is not a dulcimer event unless you do some shade tree picking http://summertownbluegrassreunion.com
- 1 Sept- 1:30 PM Jake’s 100 Birthday celebration! Madison Village. More details to follow!
- 6 Sept – Regular Jam
- 16-21 Sept- 9th annual Ozark Mountain Dulcimer Gathering– Mountain View, Arkansas. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org This is a free event. Because it is free there is no registration, you just show up. All activities are at the Ozark RV Park, but you don’t have to stay there to be part of The Gathering. If you want to stay at Ozark RV Park, you can make reservations with Andy at 870-269-2542. Classes are from Monday through Friday. There will be 2 class times in the morning and one in the afternoon plus a scheduled time to practice what you are learning and play with others. For each class time there are 6-7 different choices for a total of 90-100 class options during the week. You do not need to attend every day. Classes are for all levels of play from New Players through Advanced students.
- 20 Sept – Regular Jam
- 26 – 28 Sept – Melodies and Musings, Guntersville, AL, a 3-day Mountain Dulcimer Workshop RSVP at http://melodies-and-musings.com
- 4 Oct – Regular Jam
- 4 – 6 Oct – 52nd Old Time Fiddlers Convention
- 4 Oct Thursday Flatt Lonesome
- 5 & 6 Oct– all day – shade tree dulcimer pickin’
- 5 Oct Friday Rhonda Vincent & The Rage 4 PM & 6 PM
- 6 Oct Saturday Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder at 6 PM
- 7-13 Oct – Camping and playing at Joe Wheeler State Park. We ( the club) have the building in section B of the Joe Wheeler campground reserved.
- 18 Oct – Regular Jam
- 1 Nov – Regular Jam
- 15 Nov – Regular Jam
NOTE: Remember our regular Thurs. jam dates are usually out of kilter during the month of December so be sure to check the schedule for additions and changes.
- 8 Dec- 10:00 – 11:00 am Heritage Assisted Living and Memory Care, 11682 County Line Road, Madison, AL, We got great reviews when we played there last year, and they asked for us to come back.
- 13 Dec – Christmas dinner/jam
- 27 Dec – Year End Jam