David & Karen Bennett
Just across the street from Warren May’s woodworking shop on the campus of Berea College we saw the Appalachian dulcimers that had been featured in an exhibit a few years back at the Appalachian Teaching Collection (note: the dulcimer photos and description in this link are better than mine below) in the Loyal Jones Appalachian Center. These dulcimers were part of a display 2012-2013 and are not on permanent display. FYI: I did not show up unannounced but made arrangements months in advance with Chris Miller, the Associate Director & Curator, Loyal Jones Appalachian Center at Berea.
To view the other stops click on:
- 1. BitterSweet Cabin Village, Renfro Valley, KY
- 2. Boone Tavern, Berea, KY
- 3. Warren May Woodworking Shop, Berea, KY.
- 5. L&N Depot, Berea, KY
- 6. Museum of the Mountain Dulcimer, Hindman, KY
- 7. Appalachian Artisan Center Wood Studio, Hindman, KY
- 8. Hindman Settlement School, Hindman, KY