David & Karen Bennett
Our last stop was at the Hindman Settlement School where we were given a guided tour of the workshop and student exhibits. Then we went to the main office and Rita Ritchie gave us a tour of the main building and a cabin housing some local artifacts and crafts for sale and in both we found several Appalachian dulcimers, among them an Uncle Ed Thomas and a Jethro Amburgey dulcimer as well as other local historical items and dulcimer related items.
To see our other stops click on:
• 1. BitterSweet Cabin Village, Renfro Valley, KY
• 2. Boone Tavern, Berea, KY
• 3. Warren May Woodworking Shop, Berea, KY.
• 4. Berea College
• 5. L&N Depot, Berea, KY
• 6. Museum of the Mountain Dulcimer, Hindman, KY
• 7. Appalachian Artisan Center Wood Studio, Hindman, KY